One of the Vunetrix deployment options is a “virtual appliance” where the end user supplies the computer hardware for a virtual machine. There are minimum system specifications for the Vunetrix Network Monitor (VNM) Core Service to operate, and it’s recommended that end users engage the Vunetrix Professional Services team to properly deploy the core software.
There are many reasons why end users prefer to work with in-house hardware:
- To take advantage of greater purchasing power with a specific vendor
- To utilize IT support staff who have received specialized training on a vendor’s hardware
- To comply with internal standardized guidelines or directives
- To satisfy a preference for a hardware make or model
- To upgrade from the Vunetrix hardware appliance specifications
The bottom line is that we’ll work with you and your IT team to supply and install our software on whatever suitable server or virtual machine you provide.